Monday, December 12, 2011

Munch Through Monday...Sausage Squares

I have come to love breakfast as I've gotten older. When I was younger, I was pretty content with a bowl of Lucky Charms and chocolate milk. Even in college, yogurt or a shake would suffice. But recently, I find myself wanting to indulge in breakfast a little bit more. There's something about a hearty, warm, comforting breakfast that makes the day seem a whole lot brighter. This recipe screams hearty, warm and comforting. And it's super easy. If you don't like sausage, try chicken or turkey. Any type of meat with the combination of pastry, cheese, and cream cheese is sure to be mouth-watering.   



Sausage Squares
Recipe source: Aggieland Mommy Cooks
Ingredients:
2 pk crescent rolls
1-2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz cream cheese
1 lb. ground maple sausage

Directions:
1. Brown meat. Meanwhile, layer 1 pk crescents on bottom of 13x9 baking dish.
2. Drain sausage. In a med. bowl combine sausage & cream cheese. Spread over crescent rolls.
3. Sprinkle cheese over top.
4. Cover with remaining crescent rolls.
5. Bake according to rolls directions.
In my opinion: These are so delicious I could eat the entire dish! Make them-OFTEN!



Do you prefer a healthy and light breakfast? Or is your guilty pleasure (like mine) diving into some rich and tasty breakfast foods?

2 comments:

  1. They look good but the entire time I'm going to wish there is coconut and chocolate instead of sausage.. haha xx

    ReplyDelete