Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Living Room...

Today, I signed the lease for my very first apartment.  It was such an amazing feeling, my cheeks started to hurt from smiling so much. On the bus ride home, I started thinking about the other apartments and houses I'll have and how I'll always remember when I signed my first lease.  Then that turned me on to thinking about decorating, and I began imagining my dream house. 

Now I know I'm far from owning a house, but the possibilities are endless when decorating a house, or even an apartment. And that notion of filling a space with parts of you, things you love and connect with, is something that fills me with such excitement, I'm comparably as giddy as a little girl on Christmas Eve.

I found this picture on Pinterest today and had to share it. With the happiness of a new place floating in the air and dreams of many more to come, it felt perfect.

Photo source: Pinterest

I love the color of the rich rafters against the light colored stone. The rafters in general are just beautiful, and although the walls are stone, I still get such a warm, homey feeling when I look at this. What do you love about this living room? What big dreams do you have for your space?

1 comment:

  1. I just want to cuddle up on that couch, wrap the throw around me, and enjoy the tranquility !

    ReplyDelete