Monday, October 31, 2011

Much Through Mondays...Baked Zucchini Chips

Although I tend to love baking yummy, sweet things, I'm on a huge health craze right now and am constantly looking for healthy snacks. I found this recipe and knew I had to try it because it has two of my favorite things: baking and zucchini and chips...okay, so maybe three.  Zucchini is by far my favorite vegetable, and baked chips beats fried chips any day. So here is the recipe for baked zucchini chips! I hope you savor them as much as I will. ;)


Baked Zucchini Chips
Recipe source: Natalie's Killer Cuisine
Ingredients:
3 Zucchinis, rinsed
1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Paprika
2 Egg Whites

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
1. Slice zucchini as thinly and uniform as possible (this is when having a mandolin comes handy).
2. Place on a paper towel for at least 10 minutes to let excess moisture drain. Mix together all the dry ingredients. In a bowl whisk the egg whites until frothy.
3. Place the zucchini in the egg mixture, then coat in the bread crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet and when the baking sheet is full, bake for 5 minutes. Pull out the baking sheet and flip over the zucchini chips. Return to the oven for another 7 minutes.
4. Serve warm with fresh grated Parmesan cheese (optional).

No comments:

Post a Comment